A hand-held device that kills pathogenic bacteria and viruses in seconds. Protects against E.Coli, H1N1, influenza virus, etc. Virtually any surface is suitable for exposure, from door handles, computer keyboards to other contaminated surfaces.
- The UV-5D UV sanitizer features a powerful germicidal, short-wave UV (254nm) tube.
- It is equipped with a unique safety switch that prevents accidental exposure of children to UV radiation.
- Easy to use.
- Portable. The device is small (22.3 cm long) and is very light (weighs 290g).
It can be conveniently moved - in the set we get a case, a carrying strap and a power supply. The device operates on AA alkaline batteries or AC power.
- Made of durable construction polymer that is resistant to shocks and impacts.
How does the DeGERM-inator™ work?
- Turn on the device.
- Shine the light on any nonporous surface for 6 to 8 seconds at a distance of one-half inch (1.3 cm) or less from the surface
- Repeat this over every area of the surface exposed to sunlight.**
The effectiveness of the germicidal lamp is very high. Antibacterial agents found in personal care products may not kill all bacteria. Many of them also mutate into more drug-resistant strains. On the other hand, bactericidal ultraviolet light, such as the light emitted by a DeGERM disinfection lamp, has been shown to damage the DNA of bacteria and viruses, killing over 90% of them! **
*The DeGERM-inator has not been tested yet on the COVID-19 Coronavirus. It has been laboratory tested against common household bacteria and other common viruses. UV-C is a suggested method of sanitizing from the CDC, especially for Filtering Facepiece Respirators (FFRs). Learn more about COVID-19 and prevention of its spread from the CDC and WHO – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/decontaminati...
** Tests conducted and verified under Anastasia Gregoriades, Ph.D., at Queens College (New York) established the kill ratio by the DeGERM-inator™ on the organisms cited..